Saturday 22 August 2009

Fani's laptop cam :)


I met the leopard ...at last ..at Elephant Plains ...
It was a lucky 'meeting'...as laptop continoued giving probems with overheating ...I couldn't keep two cams on ...So after the elephants, I closed everything to upload pics here ...Then I said ..Let's check for last time ..I opened both cams and i was watching the lonesome George, the wildebeest at nkorho making clouds of dust ...but suddenly at the left corner of my eye ..I saw the leppy walking to the waterhole at Elephants Plains ..
OK ...I can't talk about the zoom work at ep ...It was obvious that after the great work all day ...zoomer had gone for a break ..So the sighting was disappointing ..Special when someone tried to zoom and missed the leopard at all ..Worse it was the landies behind it ...To make it totally a disaster ..I forgot to close nkorho cam ..and soon laptop closed automatically ..one more time ..

But after all I saw it ...Maybe you can see wonderfull pics of Karula and cubs if you go back to the previous posts but all the sightings at Africam cams are different ..it happens to see something ..it is just nature ..not a hunting like the live drives ...where they go to meet animals ...so it makes it special ...even it could be more special ..if there was a zoomie, if there weren't landies ..and if my laptop works well ...LOL ..This is the life ..One never can be pleasant at all ...:)

See you tomorrow :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally got a leaopard Fani .. Visiting NK and EP. Yep its not good that so many landies follow it (:
I have been so lucky to see them more as you did.. But i understand this was first for you! on a leopard freely came .

Cnt->

Anonymous said...

On WE i dont think they chase the animals like the landies do...

The WE rangers are fully aware on the area they drive in daily and they love it.


So i dont think WE is chasing animals
Like the landies.. But i agree on you!

Looking at NK and if a leopard visits its his /her own free choice and YES that makes it much better.

Ice

Fani H. said...

Maybe 'chase' is too much ...and I must admit that I enjoy to watch cats there ...Only the remote control cams gives you the chance to watch without any 'human' interaction ...It is like to be there and zooming your binoculars :)